Daniel Jordan, CPA, ASA, CBA, MBA
Daniel Jordan is the Managing Principal of New York Business Valuation Group, Inc. He is an expert in valuing closely-held businesses, ESOPs, fractional interest discounts, intangible assets, and professional practices incl. calculations of enhanced earnings capacity relating to professional licenses and degrees. He provides business valuation services full time since 2000.
Prior to NYBVG, he has been working for Abrams Valuation Group, Inc. and other prestigious valuation firms such as Marcum LLP. He has published articles on valuation-related matters (see below), lectured seminars, and provided expert testimony in court.
In addition to his CPA, Mr. Jordan has achieved multiple professional accreditations. He is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) of the American Society of Appraisers and a Certified Business Appraiser (CBA) of the Institute of Business Appraisers. He earned his MBA Degree in Finance and Accounting from the Heinrich-Heine-University of Düsseldorf, which is one of the top schools in Germany.
He has provided valuation/financial consulting services to clients representing a variety of organizations, from small entrepreneurs and family limited partnerships to firms with revenues of up to $246 million, including the following:
- Estate, Income & Gift Tax Reporting
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Sales
- Venture Capital Funding
- Private Placements
- Shareholder Buy/Sell Agreements
- Debt Instruments (Notes, Viatical Settlement)
- Intangible Assets (Patents, Economic Damages, Non-compete)
- Purchase Price Allocation (SFAS 141)
- Financial Reporting
- Litigation Settlement
Various Manufacturers, Distributors, Retail and Online Retail of Different Lines of Business • Various E-Commerce Businesses • Various Franchises • Various Types of Medical Practice • Private Equity • Hedge Funds • Commodity Trading Advisor • Casinos • Insurance • Computer Software • Computer Hardware • Textile • Apparel • Mechanical Repair • Line Tester Technology • Food Manufacturer and Broker • Asset Management • Electronics Manufacturers • Furniture Manufacturing • Leasing Furniture • Embroidery & Printing • Retail Pharmacy • Internet Start-up • Internet Mortgage Leads • Auto Repair • Automobile and Home Improvement Leads • Export of Automobiles • Restaurants • Art Collection • Manufacture of Custom Scientific Equipment • Swim Wear • Commodities • General Contracting • Construction • Concrete Manufacturing • Jewelry • Gas Station • Laundry • Trucking • Staffing • Liquor Store • Shoe Store • Child Day Care • Beauty Salon • Hardware Store • Clothing Store • Heating Oil Dealer • Supply of Natural Gas and Electricity • Supermarket • Hair Care • Landscaping • Accounting Practice • Pharmaceutical • Plumbing • Advertising Agencies • Wholesaler of Tobacco and Candy Products • Car Wash • Manufacture of Awnings • Video Production • Photography • Wholesale of Medical Supplies • Financial Advisory Firms • Janitorial Services • Ambulance • Rental of Office Space • Call Center Services •Sale of Pet Food • Testing Laboratory • Catering • Retail of Live Poultry • Art Studio • Termite and Pest Control • Sporting Goods • Gym and Fitness • Painting • Contact Center •Retail of Bicycles • Veterinary Clinic • Architecture • Roofing • Fencing • Retail of Nuts, Dried Fruits • Mail Forwarding • Freight Forwarding • Sober Living Home • Marketing and Sales • Online Bakery Supply • Bakery Store • Wealth Management • Real Estate Holding • Customs Broker • Wines and Gourmet Food Products • Computer Training • Steel Fabrication • Physical Therapy • Commercial Flooring • Summer Camp • Machine Shop • Wine Bar • Consulting Firms • Various IT Solutions and Services • Investment Advisor • Ad Network • Art Collection • Fishing Equipment • Billing Nursing Homes • Brokerage • Web Hosting and SEO • Retail Motorcycle • Aircrafts • Label Printing • Telephone and Data Service Provider • Medical Transcription • Finance Lender • Ticket Broker •Printing Equipment Manufacturing • Manufacturer’s Representative • Marketing Research • Funeral Home • Crematory • Bus Company and Transportation • Deli and Grocery • Repair of Cell Phones and Other • Commercial Cleaning • Lighting • Property Management • Prepackaged Software • IT Staffing and Network Solutions • Meat Market • Tax Resolution • Bank • Recruiter • Biotech • Chiropractor • Psychiatrist • Publishing House • etc.
- Daniel T. Jordan has testified as an expert witness for the Supreme Court of New York, Kings County, Monmouth County Superior Court, the Queens Surrogate Court, and the Veritext National Court Reporting Company in Washington DC. Daniel Jordan is eligible to receive appointments by court. Fiduciary ID Number is 702368.
- Assisted with the writing of How to Value Your Business and Increase Its Potential, Jay Abrams, McGraw-Hill, 2005.
- “Superiority of Regression Analysis over Ratio Analysis” by Daniel Jordan, Business Appraisal Practice, Fall 2007.
- “Is There More Than One Value to a Business?” by Daniel Jordan, Feb 2008.
- “Common Problems in Business Appraisal Reports” by Daniel Jordan, March 2007
- “Valuing Intangibles in a Business Combination” by Daniel Jordan, published by QuickRead NACVA, February 19, 2014.
- “Valuation of Stock Options” by Daniel Jordan, published by QuickRead NACVA, January 22, 2014.
- “Excessive Government Spending: Are We Heading Towards The Next Financial Crisis?” by Daniel Jordan, March 2016.
- “Business Valuation: Discounts and Premiums”, American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants, Uncasville, CT, May 2010.
- “A Fresh Look at BV Theory”, New York Association of Business Brokers, Tarrytown, NY, April 2009.
- “Understanding Business Appraisals”, New York Legal Assistance Group, Inc., New York, NY, December 2008.
- New York Sate Society of CPA’s, Business Valuation Committee (Manhattan): Lectured about how to use regression analysis in valuation, October 2007.
- New York Regional Solicitors’ Office of the U. S. Department of Labor’s Pension and Welfare Benefits Administration: Lectured on the subject of “Valuation of Limited Partnership Interests”, January 2006.
Books/Articles Quoting Daniel Jordan
- Practical Planner, Martin M. Shenkman, CPA, MBA, PFS, JD, Volume 5, Issue 5, May 2010
Member – Professional Organizations
- The Institute of Business Appraisers, Inc. (IBA)
- The American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- National Business Valuation Group, LLC
- Estate Planning Council of NYC
- Fellow Member of Yeshiva University Planned Giving Committee
- New York Association of Business Brokers
- Business fluency in English, German and Spanish; verbal and written.
- Cantor/Chazzan for the Jewish High Holidays at Chabad of Gramercy Park in Manhattan since 2006.
- Religious Studies at the Rabbinical College of America, Morristown, NJ.